IS THE WATER CLEAN?
- The water is fully filtered 3 times between each float, passing through a 10 micron filter, and CSA and UL listed low pressure UV system with Ozone. Cleaner than any swimming pool or hot tub you’ve ever been in.
WILL I FEEL CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
- The feeling of being in a float tank is limitless. Even people with extreme claustrophobia have reported having no problems with their time in the float rooms.
- Take a look at the tanks
IS IT SAFE TO FALL ASLEEP?
- Absolutely! The buoyancy of the salt water will keep your face up and out of the water. If you happen to roll over you’ll definitely wake up and probably experience a salty sting in your eyes, but don’t worry, the sting will subside shortly.
CAN ANYONE FLOAT?
- Almost anyone can float…unfortunately, it is not an option for those with epilepsy, so sorry. Also, must be 18 years of age and older.
- HAIR DYES: Please be sure your hair is running clear in the shower at home and not leaving any color residue on your towels. If your hair radical, like RED, Purple, Blue…then you must wait to float until your hair is running clear; otherwise, you are subject to a $500 cleaning fee is the float tank is left unusable by the next guest in standard operations.
SHOULD I BRING ANYTHING?
- Floating in the nude will provide the best experience, all of the float rooms at Easy Float features a private shower and changing area, but you are absolutely welcome bring a swimsuit if you prefer. A couple other recommendations from our members, bring deodorant, comb or brush, comfy clothes if you’re headed home…pretty much anything you would usually want after a shower….we have shampoo, body wash, and conditioner here for you too.
CAN I FLOAT IF I’M PREGNANT?
- We have received incredibly positive feedback from our pregnant floaters! Since the tanks are between 94-95 degrees, they’re not as warm as a hot tub. Although we have awesome feedback, we still want everyone to consult their physician before floating just because every pregnancy is unique. More info on floating while pregnant.
DAY OF THE FLOAT PREP?
- Avoid shaving, tanning, waxing; extra sensitive skin and salt water don’t mix. We provide Vaseline to protect small scratches from stinging.
- Try to skip caffeine for at least 4 hours before floating in order to access the most relaxing experience, but if you need that one small cup of joe in the morning, it will not totally unhinge the experience.
- Don’t float on an empty stomach. A light meal or snack is helpful so that you aren’t distracted by your stomach grumbling while floating. Allow a little time to digest before floating.
- If you are under the influence of drug or alcohol you will NOT be allowed to float.
- If you are experiencing your menstrual cycle the day of your float, then we ask that please reschedule your float. Thank you!
OK, but how the heck do I get started? The process of actually floating.
- Book your float here first
- If you choose to wear ear plugs, and we recommend you do, then put the ear plugs in before you shower.
- Take a great shower, but only use shampoo and body wash, conditioner after. Make sure to dry your face before getting in the tank!
- Enter the tank and gently lie back, avoid touching your face when your hands are wet; you will float effortlessly.
- The rest is really up to you.
AFTER THE FLOAT…
- Enjoy a cup of tea, relax, reflect, enjoy.
- Drink plenty of water, floating is a full body experience.
- Notice how well you sleep the next few nights and how your energy level and mood is, floating is good for you even when you’re out of the tank.